NWHA Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do i...?

2 posters

Go down

How do i...? Empty How do i...?

Post by riotus Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:39 am

Hi there!

I've been a tenant for some years now and i'm not really happy about where i live. Ive had a look on your website about the possibility of perhaps a home exchange with another tenant, but i was just wondering how i go about actually getting on the list?

Do i need to come to Plas Blodwel or can i just email you my details etc? Also, how can i see who i can swap with?

Any help would be great!

riotus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

How do i...? Empty Re: How do i...?

Post by viv.perry Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:40 pm

riotus wrote:Hi there!

I've been a tenant for some years now and i'm not really happy about where i live. Ive had a look on your website about the possibility of perhaps a home exchange with another tenant, but i was just wondering how i go about actually getting on the list?

Do i need to come to Plas Blodwel or can i just email you my details etc? Also, how can i see who i can swap with?

Any help would be great!

Hi there – thanks for your question.

If you want to exchange your home, you can put the details on this forum in the hope that others may be interested. Just be careful about disclosing your private details – you don’t want weird phone calls at 2a.m.!

If you send us your full details in a Private Message we can also complete a paper version to go on our exchanges register on reception for people to flick through.

You can also register with Homeswapper.co.uk which is a national company.

You can exchange homes with tenants of other Housing Associations or Councils in any part of the UK.

If you get any one to exchange with please note the following rules:
Both landlords must know the details of both sets of “swappers” and before they give permission the following conditions must be met:
1. Both Rent accounts must be clear
2. Any damage must have been repaired
3. There must be no legal action pending in relation to either tenancy
4. The move must not cause overcrowding or under-occupation

Please note that if you move without permission, you can be made by the Courts to move back, or even be left homeless as a result ! But we do many successful exchanges, and can even help more than 2 people to swap. At the moment we have one going through with 4 sets of tenants, with 4 different landlords in various parts of the country! So good luck!
viv.perry
viv.perry

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

How do i...? Empty Home Exchange

Post by viv.perry Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:49 pm

I have replied to you about the procedure involved in exchanging your home, but I wanted to talk to you about the first bit of your message. If you're not happy where you live, is there anything that we can do to help with this? If we can help with the problem, you may not need to move at all! Please send me a Private message if you think that we can help.
viv.perry
viv.perry

Back to top Go down

Post by riotus Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi Viv

Many thanks for the information above, thats really useful to us. I've sent you a PM with more specific details of the areas of concern we have.

Also, while im thinking about it, do you know if there will be any plans to advertise properties in the near future on the forum at all?

riotus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by viv.perry Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:20 am

riotus wrote:Hi Viv

Many thanks for the information above, thats really useful to us. I've sent you a PM with more specific details of the areas of concern we have.

Also, while im thinking about it, do you know if there will be any plans to advertise properties in the near future on the forum at all?

There's no reason why we shouldn't - we do have a folder on Reception with the possible wanted and offered homes, and we could put that on the forum, as long as we get a bit of time to do it! However one of the problems is that sometimes people with other landlords also put their homes on lists run by other landlords too, and if they find someone to swap with, they forget to tell us. We check them out every 6 months, but it can sometimes be quite disppointing for people when they think they've got a possible swap and the other person has already gone! Thanks for the idea, and we will certainl try to get that list on line as soon as poss. Cool
viv.perry
viv.perry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum