NWHA Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Area accommodation lists

2 posters

Go down

Area accommodation lists Empty Area accommodation lists

Post by johnhulme Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:33 pm

NWHA send out an Area Accommodation Chart which tells tennants what type of accommodation there is to rent in the North Wales Area. This chart just states 6 x 3 bedroom houses in Colwyn Bay
Do any members of the Forum think it would be of more help to people seeking property if the exact location of all properties were sent to to tennants with the Area Accommodation Chart. i.e. 6 x 3 bedroom houses in Hulme Road Colwyn Bay

Posted by John Hulme

johnhulme

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Area accommodation lists Empty Re: Area accommodation lists

Post by helen_mawson Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:47 am

I think that if information like that was openly available it may be bad in the wrong hands. For instance we live in the only housing association house on our road, so if someone knew that and had the wrong kind of intent, they may target our home just because of that fact.

Just a thought, you never know these days! Plus if you know the general area of where you want to live, why do you need to know an address unless it's available to rent?! I think a certain degree of anonymity is a good idea in the society we live in.

helen_mawson

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by johnhulme Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:19 pm

My original post doesn't say give numbers or positions in road, just the road area. I am looking to move due to personal reasons and would like to know what other properties are like and where they are situated so that I can consider it before I apply for that area.

What kind of intent is our member expecting. If it is that kind of area where you expect things to happen, get out now. I have nothing to hide and am not ashamed of people knowing I live in a NWHA property and I dont try and pass it off as my own. That would be very hard as there is a plaque on the wall stating it is a NWHA property and was opened by a local AM. So I cant see any harm in stating where in what area a property is.

johnhulme

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by helen_mawson Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:58 pm

Well you did state "it would be of more help to people seeking property if the exact location of all properties" the word exact in this sentence suggests identifying house numbers etc. Even just giving the road I think is too much information. I am not ashamed on living in a HWHA property either but unfortunately we live in a society where people target others for reasons which to normal people make no sense! I DO live in an area where I expect things to happen.... the modern world. Which is not generally a nice place to be.

I can understand your point about being able to know where properties are, and I see no problem with this info being made available to current residents in say, the head office in a file. I was simply saying it may not be good to make this info available to the general public.

You can only really apply for general areas when you first apply. And when you are a tenant the only way to get re housed is really through the exchange file in the plas blodwel office, and this contains peoples details which they voluntarily offer for exchanges. There are so many things to consider including peoples privacy, property safety and security, and these things DO have to be considered.

helen_mawson

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum