NWHA Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

under-age drinking

3 posters

Go down

under-age drinking Empty under-age drinking

Post by viv.perry Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:59 pm

At the moment there are problems in Old Colwyn with underage drinking, with kids as young as 12 getting alcohol and drinking in parks or under bridges etc. They are often getting adults to buy the drinks for them or taking it from home. When the Police see their parents they very often get a complete lack of interest and comments such as “ go and catch some real criminals”, or “he’s only hanging out with his mates”. If parents have that attitude, what hope have the kids got! But we have to pay for the damage they do, and clear up the broken bottles – and the NHS will have to patch them up and send them home when they get hurt in the battles that ensue. What do we do – try to help them or punish them – should the parents be punished too for not giving them the support and discipline that they need? Neutral
viv.perry
viv.perry

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

under-age drinking Empty Re: under-age drinking

Post by imagranny Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:43 pm

these kids are a pain in the [expletive]! we had our car mirror ripped off last weekend by a gang of them and there were cans all over the play area. Where are the Police when you want them? We called them on Saturday night but they didn't come out till Sunday afternoon, when they hadn't a cat in hell's chance of catching anybody.
imagranny
imagranny

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

under-age drinking Empty cafe culture

Post by Christine Sayle Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:37 pm

I know its a pain.............. i organised a brilliant party b4 chrimbo with loadsa local bands playin for free and the comments were all about not bein able to have a drnk so its not worth it I was furious but they really beleived its there god given right to get drunk @ 13 upwards.....i cancelled it.
Coming from the city and always visitin its great to see young people sittin outside trendy cafes etc in town with all there mates havin a laugh and not drinkin cos its not allowed. whenever you go abroad you see groups of yougsters eating and drinking non alcoholic drinks and they have an amazin social life. This is what the sad culture is like here.......... sadly some parents have never shown their kids this way of life so it becomes normal, i see the kids going into the CEntral after school to meet their parents who have spent te whole day there gettin wasted..................CRAZY!!!!!!!!
Hopefully with the likes of Speakers corner and the Litten tree (new owners) we can slowly introduce this cool way of life....i'm tryin anyway

Christine Sayle

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

under-age drinking Empty Re: under-age drinking

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum