NWHA Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

council elections - the silly season

5 posters

Go down

council elections - the silly season Empty council elections - the silly season

Post by imagranny Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:02 pm

Got our first election leaflet today - that means we will soon be pestered by people knocking at all sorts of annoying times - usually when you've just got the kids in the bath, or you're on the loo! They all start promising the earth and then after the election where do they all disappear to? It's as if they escape from the planet Zog for a couple of weeks, and then their master calls them back after the election. Laughing

But I must say there are exceptions and some good councillors out there that try their best - the art is knowing who they may be before they get elected! To win my vote they have to tell me that they will try their hardest, always get back to me if I have asked for their help, treat people with respect whatever their colour, beliefs or opinions, and not cost a bomb in expenses. Neutral

If any prospective councillors are reading this - try harder, don't try and get a free ride out of us and remember you're there for us, not the other way round. Cool

Last edited by imagranny on Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title looked boring!)
imagranny
imagranny

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

council elections - the silly season Empty Re: council elections - the silly season

Post by Nebular Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:01 pm

I totally agree! a group of 3 people knocked on my door the other night canvassing, i was busy but asked them to come back because i wanted to discuss some issues with them. That was over a week ago!!!! well said imagranny - they should work for us not the other way round! Mad

Nebular

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

council elections - the silly season Empty silly season

Post by nigel.williams Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:26 pm

I'm sure we can all agree with that! Cool

nigel.williams

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

council elections - the silly season Empty who are you again !!!!!

Post by Christine Sayle Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:26 pm

Yes it's when all these faces i've never seen in my life start knocking on my door and smiling saying they will represent me............... ha bloody ha!!!!!
I have wore meself out trying to get things going for years and i think i actually know who gives a damn by now and who dosent mmmm i'm thinking of hiring a rottwhiller (cant spell it but u get my drift ) for the crazy season haha cheers chrissy x

Christine Sayle

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

council elections - the silly season Empty Re: council elections - the silly season

Post by Chris Drew Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:49 pm

It's a shame some of you feel like that. There are lots of good people around giving freely of their time and money (and elections DO cost money!) trying to get elected and do something. Many of the people you are referring to are standing for the town councils and community councils and so don't get any allowances or rewards of any kind. OK, some are looking for a bit of kudos and imagined status but at least they are taking on a job most of us won't touch with a bargepole. Surely the least we can do is to try and be a bit supportive. By all means fall out with them and criticise them when they do things you don't agree with and chivvy them up when they don't do the things you DO want, but it's got to be a two-way street. Look down the other end of the telescope - are you really worthy of being represented by anyone at all, if you can't be bothered to support the democratic process?
Chris Drew
Chris Drew

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum